- Initial Case Evaluation;
In-OfficeInitial Virtual Office Consultation: BHANDLAW, PLLC (“BHANDLAW“, “Firm“, “us“, “we“, or “our“) offers a complimentary Initial Case Evaluation by phone or e-mail to new clients for start-up, corporate, technology, e-commerce, and intellectual property (IP) matters. For all other legal areas, we will do our best to refer you to another law firm that handles the particular matter.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and CDC, State, and local guidelines for maintaining social distance, we are no longer offering in-office consultations. However, we understand that times are tough right now and, particularly for those considering a startup businesses, you may not have the largest legal budget. Because we feel it is essential to our mission to get business owners and entrepreneurs the legal guidance they need (when they need it), we continue to offer Initial Virtual Office Consultations via Zoom, CiscoWebex, or GoogleChat with an attorney for a one-time charge of $200 (a discount off of our normal hourly rates).
- Scope of Evaluation or Consultation: During the Initial Virtual Office Consultation, an attorney will spend up to 60 minutes reviewing your factual background, informing you of the law, assessing your legal situation, advising you on your legal options, and attempting to answer any other legal questions which you may have (within the scope of our areas of practice). Unfortunately, we cannot include document review or actual drafting, application, response, legal research, out-of-office contacts, phone calls, letter drafting, document preparation, or appearances before any court, arbitrator, tribunal, or agency as part of the Initial Virtual Office Consultation. If your consultation needs fall outside of these limitations, please call us at (602) 222-5542 or email@example.com to talk to discuss alternate arrangements.
- Acceptance of Policy, Terms and Conditions; Payment of Fee: We ask that any Initial Virtual Office Consultation fee be paid in advance and online via LawPay™ (no sign-up or account required to use this service) at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
The Initial Virtual Office Consultation fee is earned upon receipt and will NOT be held in any type of client trust account. However, you will be entitled to a full refund of any consultation fee paid if the firm is unable to schedule you or is forced to cancel. No refunds will be issued for appointment no-shows.
- Right to Decline Initial Case Evaluation or Initial Virtual Office Consultation or Case Generally: Your initial case evaluation or Virtual or In-Office Consultation request is subject to our initial approval. We reserve the right and may decline an Initial Case Evaluation or Initial Virtual Office Consultation, and may choose to not represent you, for any or no reason.
- Scheduling: Once we have received your Initial Virtual Office Consultation request and have confirmation the consultation fee has been paid, we will promptly contact you to schedule the Initial Virtual Office Consultation at a day and time that is mutually convenient, along with instructions for the virtual meeting.
- Time or Work beyond Initial Virtual Office Consultation: Subject to Number 4 above, if you want to hire us to do additional legal work beyond the Initial Virtual Office Consultation, you understand that you will be paying us for any extra time spent at the firm’s standard hourly rates plus any out-of-pocket expenses.
- Privilege and Confidentiality: Any communication you make to the firm will be kept and considered strictly confidential and attorney-client privileged, regardless of whether you ultimately end up deciding to retain our firm or if your case is not accepted by us.