- Initial Case Evaluation By Phone or E-mail; In-person or Virtual Office Consultation: BHANDLAW, PLLC (“BHANDLAW“, “us“, “we“, or “our“) offers a complimentary, fifteen (15) minute Initial Case Evaluation by phone or e-mail to new clients for start-up, corporate, technology, e-commerce, and intellectual property (IP) matters (collectively, the “practice areas”). For more substantive help, we offer a 60-minute in-person or virtual Office Consultation via Zoom, Cisco Webex, or Google Meet with an attorney for a standard fee of $250 (a discount off of our normal hourly rates). For all other legal areas outside of the practice areas, we will do our best to refer you to another law firm that handles the particular matter (although we make no guarantee or endorsement of any law firm or attorney which we may refer to you).
- Scope of Evaluation or Consultation: During the Office Consultation, an attorney will spend up to 60 minutes: reviewing your factual background, informing you of the law, assessing your legal situation, advising you of legal options, and attempting to answer any other legal questions which you may have (within the scope of our areas of practice). Office Consultations do NOT include any of the following: document review, drafting, revision, legal research, out-of-office contacts or phone calls to third-parties or counsel, correspondence drafting, appearances before any court, arbitrator, tribunal, or agency. If your consultation needs fall outside of these exclusions, please call us at (602) 222-5542 or email@example.com to talk to discuss alternate arrangements.
- Acceptance of Policy, Terms and Conditions; Payment of Fee: Office Consultation fees are to be paid online and in not later than 24-hours in advance of the appointment time through LawPay™ (no sign-up or account required to use this service). Office Consultation fees are earned-upon-receipt and will NOT be deposited in any type of client trust account. However, a refund of any fee paid will be offered if the firm is unable to schedule you or is forced to cancel the appointment. No refunds are issued for appointment “no shows”, although we may in our discretion offer to re-schedule no-show appointments once.
- Right to Decline Initial Case Evaluation or Office Consultation or Case Generally: Your Initial Case Evaluation or Office Consultation request is not guaranteed and is subject to our initial approval. We reserve the right to (and may) decline an Initial Case Evaluation or Office Consultation for any or no reason.
- Scheduling: Once we have received your Office Consultation request, we will contact you to schedule the appointment on a day and at a time that is mutually convenient, along with instructions for the meeting and payment of Office Consultation fee.
- Time or Work beyond Office Consultation: Subject to Number 4 above, if you decide to hire BHANDLAW to do additional work beyond the Office Consultation, you understand that will be required to sign a formal, written client engagement with BHANDLAW and for a retainer or advanced fee deposit to be determined by us before we will start any additional work.
- Privilege and Confidentiality: Any communication you make to us prior to and during the Office Consultation will be kept and considered strictly confidential and attorney-client privileged, regardless of whether you ultimately end up deciding to retain BHANDLAW, or if your case is not accepted by us.
BHANDLAW, PLLC is a startup, technology, and e-commerce law practice advising founders and management teams on company startup, corporate and technology transactions, e-commerce, as well as Internet privacy concerns. The firm serves corporate and individual clients throughout Arizona, the United States, and internationally. Our offices are conveniently located along the Camelback corridor in Phoenix’s financial district. For more information, feel free to reach out using the contact form on the right or call us at (602) 222-5542 to schedule a meeting.